Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: still printing with s8mm film

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Thanks for all your suggestions.

    I've found a film called kodak professional copy film. It's a neg film with an iso of 12 daylight and 15 in a xenon pulsed arc (whatever that is, is it just a enlarger bulb?). you can get a 25 pack of 4x5. It's black and white, which is what I want, and you can dish process it and use a red safelight to handle it. Rollemfilm, as someone who's done this process, do you think that sounds like the right film??

  2. #12
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    At Wittner?s (Germany) there are two S8 duplicators for sale, which create a 35 mm negative of the S8 frame. One for about $50 makes only full-frame copies, the second one for about $130 comes with a 35 mm reflex camera and allows to zoom into the S8 frame.
    The obtained negatives, made with a good copy film, may be magnified in any lab.
    Pedro


  3. #13
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds like it. The arc light is for flash exposure. The film is also used to make slides from same size negative. So a good lab will have a contact printer with a flash built in. Do some experiments and let us know the results.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Okay, I'll work on the basis that that is the right film, and tell you how well it worked when I've done some tests, thanks for letting me bounce this off ya'. you have no idea how hard it is to find specialist knowlege where I live!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If anyone is interested, I know how I'm going to do it now, and its cheap. I'm going to put about a 3frame strip into a 35mm stills enlarger in a black metal mask which I made specially, and put a long lens (3oomm+2xteleconverter=600mm) right up to the enlarger lens with the front element vitually touching the enlager lens barrel. the telephoto lens is attatched to a normal 35mm stills slr camera, and gives enough enlargement to fill the camera frame with one super 8 frame. Its a kind of floating image projection thing and works very well, giving a nice clear image. The best thing is that I don't have to buy anything specially and I'm using ordinary tmax 100 film which should do a great job. smile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •